As a technology leader, I am strong in foundations, information acquisition, and solving problems. I am weaker in using technology for communication. According to the Technology Applications Inventory, I need more training in using video, audio, and other multimedia applications. I have never participated in video conferencing. Before taking Lamar’s online courses, I never kept an electronic portfolio.
My strengths include using word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation software. I can successfully integrate these applications into my teaching, can teach students to use these applications, and to use search engines with Boolean search strategies. Students and staff are expected to use technology daily. Not all of our students own a computer at home, so time is provided here at school to use technology.
After completing the SETDA Teacher Survey, I found that my campus is one of few to have so much technology available to staff and students. Students are more actively engaged when using technology which has a positive effect on their learning. Lessons are designed to include technology. Every classroom now has a Promethean board and document cameras.
The Rubric for Administrative Technology Use was the most difficult survey to fill out since I am not yet an administrator. I do know that our district is networked and teachers, parents, and students may access the district website and its resources from home.
For the most part, I agree with the technology assessments. I know my strengths and weaknesses and where I need additional staff development. Our district and campus are leaders when it comes to technology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OKay - your blog page is too cool. Good work!
ReplyDeleteWow! Your page is awesome. Great job.
ReplyDelete